The COPWATCH DATABASE is now open to the general public...
The Copwatch Database is a permanent, searchable repository of complaints filed against police officers.
It was designed and intended both to promote public safety and to ensure that police officers remain accountable for their actions.
The archives have not yet been ported to this program, and thus at the present time it is unlikely that you will find detailed information pertaining to any given individual for whom you may be searching. Importation of our existing files into this program will be completed in the near future. In the meantime, previously unfiled complaints are being accepted here.
If you would like to report an incident for permanent inclusion in the database, please follow these instructions:
1) Gather all the relevant information (names, dates, times, citation numbers, etc.) before you begin;
2) Include as many relevant details as possible;
3) Describe what occurred as precisely as possible;
4) Use a word-processing program to compose any lengthy passages you enter into the database (use your spellchecker), and save those passages on your hard drive.
5) You will be asked an extensive series of questions. Only answer those that are applicable to your situation- ignore the rest. Take your time and be very thorough. It is a lengthy process, but the details you provide may well make the difference between a believable, effective complaint and a complaint that will be tossed in the trash. If you want the offending officer to receive more than a slap on the wrist, treat this questionnaire like a college entrance exam.
NOTE: You must use a valid email address to register. Hotmail and Yahoo accounts are not accepted.
IN ORDER TO FUNCTION PROPERLY, THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES THAT YOUR COOKIES BE ACTIVATED. WE MAKE NO USE OF THE COOKIES IN ANY MANNER OTHER THAN AS A "PLACEHOLDER", AND YOU MAY DELETE THEM AS SOON AS YOU ARE FINISHED ENTERING YOUR DATA.
POST BUG REPORTS, COMMENTS, AND SUGGESTIONS HERE
Proceed to Copwatch.com...
Proceed to the Copwatch Database...